- Pouring a Little Psychological Water on Online Dispute Resolution, by Jean Sternlight
- Online Dispute Resolution: Stinky, Repugnant, or Drab, by Robert Condlin
- What Dinosaurs Can Teach Lawyers about How to Avoid Extinction in the ADR Evolution, by Elayne E. Greenberg and Noam Ebner
- Practice Set-up, article by David Smith
- Practical Set-up with Zoom, article by Clare Fowler
- Alternatives to Zoom, article by LifeHacker
- Online Mediation Guidelines, by MediateBC
Here are some recommended resources on video conferencing and ADR:
- AAA-ICDR® Virtual Hearing Guide for Arbitrators and Parties Utilizing ZOOM
- Frequently Asked Questions About Videoconferencing for Arbitrators. National Academy of Arbitrators.
- How to Incorporate Videoconferencing into Your Arbitration Practice. NAARB.
- Video Arbitration: A Guide for Labor and Management Advocates. FMCS.
- CPR’s Annotated Model Procedural Order for Remote Video Arbitration Proceedings
- Draft Procedural Order to Govern Virtual Arbitration Proceedings by R.F. Ziegler .
- Guidance Note on Remote Dispute Resolution Proceedings. Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Seoul Protocol on Video Conferencing in International Arbitration
- Zoom settings, Standard Settings list
- Zoom Standards, FDRIO by Julie Gill and Cathryn Paul
- Sample Ground Rules, article discussing online confidentiality
- Online Etiquette, article by the NY Times
- Sample Mediation Agreement.docx, CIS version by Roger Moss
- Download AgreementCreation.pdf
- Download VideoConferencingConfidentialityAgreement.docx
- After mediation, many send the agreement via DropBox or Caseload Manager for clients to review and sign.
- Many mediators are still charging for online mediations with the same hourly rate. Some have set-up new processes, such as charging per conversation, which might only last 20 minutes with each party.
- Payment options are Paypal.me, Zelle, Venmo, and Square. Set-up an account and send clients the link to pay.
Teaching and Presenting:
- Best Practices for Online Teaching, Webinar produced by Mitchell Hamline
- Teaching Online, article by Noam Ebner
- Caseload Manager: Case management system produced by mediate.com
- CREK: case management system, designed by Colin Rule
- MODRIA: court/large scale case management
- Zoom: video-conferencing software
- MODRON: video and text software
- MS Teams: allows for video and chat meetings, with assignments, no breakout rooms
- Webex: video-conferencing software
- esports adr
- EEOC online mediator roster
- BBB online mediator roster
- aaamediation.org--they send cases to the affiliate mediator panel